Tuesday 19 January 2016

On a cold and frosty morning

There was a distinct chill in the air this morning as I stuck my nose out of my duvet and peeled myself off a very warm and comfy mattress ... Actually, it's not that cold .. it just feels so cold because the weather has been so mild recently.  And I'm getting older and feel the cold so much more than I used to.  Fully layered up with thermals and body-warmers, I set to scraping the ice off my van.

But it was lovely and warm and cosy in the goat shed and those girls were very reluctant to get up for milking again.  A little group of four of the Mary goats caught my eye .. all perfectly arranged next to each other with two lying one way and two lying the other way with their heads on the backs of the others.  Very cosy!


And it was such a crisp and clear morning outside.  The air was very still and quiet .. standing out in the goats' field, all I could hear was the hum of the vacuum pump outside the milking parlour.

So, I thought I would do a little video for you to give you a taste of early morning in goat-world ..


All the mud in the yard had turned to ice and so the goaties were happy to walk across it, though Mischief and Robin found it a little confusing to start with ..


But soon, most people were brave enough to skip outside and into their field to enjoy the early morning frost.


No comments:

Post a Comment