Tuesday 8 April 2014

Another week passes

I can't believe that it's been a whole week since I last wrote to you.  Time flies at the moment. 

So, last Wednesday was my birthday.  Happy Significant and Very Old Birthday to me .. Got some lovely flowers, lots of yummy cake and a few more goatie babies.  Spent the day in the goatshed (as usual!).  My little caravan smells lovely at the moment with all those flowers!

 
Babies have been popping out everywhere this week as the goatlings finally started to join in with the older girls.  So far, everyone has done very well and there are some very proud mums around in the barn.

The kidding pens are bursting at the seams and mums are very demanding.  Especially when it comes to feeding time ...  Goats do not know the meaning of the word 'patience'.


 And as we need more space in the hay barn, The Boys are now back in with the girls.  Mostly well behaved but there is the odd outbreak of gobbling and tongue-flapping.


 Despite all the macho posturing that goes on, tiny babies still get a chance to snuggle up next to mum.  Here's Irma with her two little people:

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on lots of older blogposts I missed recently. So sorry to have missed your BIG birthday post Debbie but hope you had a lovely day (and you'll never be as old as me) :-(

    ReplyDelete